Vice President - Residential Lending
Location : Manchester, NH
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : SP-2018
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Travel : Yes
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Banking - Financial Services
Job Description :
Our Client, Bellwether Community Credit Union (“Bellwether” www.bccu.org), is a $500 million asset state chartered community credit union based in Manchester, NH. Founded in 1921, Bellwether is now New Hampshire’s fifth largest credit union with branches in Manchester, Nashua, and Bedford, NH. Bellwether is a progressive, member-centric organization that serves approximately 36,700 members.
As an integral member of Executive Management, the Vice President – Residential Lending will be charged with creating the vision, setting the strategy, and building the Residential Lending business, a top Board priority.
Key priorities will include:
- Developing and executing a strategy to drive new business. The initial focus will be on building a robust Loan Origination function and the recruitment of talented Mortgage Loan Originators.
- Building referral sources and awareness of the Organization’s Mortgage capabilities in the community and among Credit Union membership.
- Assessing processes and implementing the infrastructure to support future Mortgage growth.
- Continuing to drive a consultative sales culture with the goal of all initiatives enhancing member satisfaction.
Required Qualifications :
- Proven success managing/growing a Mortgage/Residential Lending business with a focus on Originations.
- Exposure to Underwriting, Hedging, and/or Secondary market operations is preferred.
- Experience with sales training, systems, new product development, and a strong credit orientation would be highly valued.
- Must meet registration requirements under the National Mortgage Licensing System (“NMLS”) to obtain appropriate federal and state registration and licensing.
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines, Mortgage Lending regulations, and real estate law.
- Effective communication, organizational, and decision-making skills.