KLR Executive Search Group is proud to partner with the Woods Hole, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket Steamship Authority. This is truly a once in a life time opportunity for a strong Finance and Accounting professional with exposure to government accounting to become a part of this vital organization. The Steamship Authority prides itself on incredible tenure, low turnover, sense of community and a work-life balance.
Reporting to the General Manager this individual will be a key member of the Executive Team.
- As Treasurer/Comptroller, will plan, direct, and control all Accounting Department activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for controllership and treasury functions.
- Supervise work of subordinates and be ultimately responsible for cost and general accounting, internal auditing, monthly closings, preparation of financial and traffic statements, cash flow(s), annual inventory, administration of bond resolution, purchasing functions, credit and collections, as well as insurance and investments.
- Liaison Officer with banks fiscal advisor and auditors.
- Attend Authority Meetings and report on financial condition.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation and administration of the Authority’s annual operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for overseeing the retirement plans for non-union employees, licensed deck officers, unlicensed vessel employees, security officers, parking attendants and bus drivers, and the Authority’s deferred compensation plan for all employees.
- Responsible for overseeing the Authority’s health plan for non-union employees, security officers, parking attendants and bus drivers.
- Responsible for preparation of the annual report, including management discussion and analysis (M.D. &A) and financial statements in accordance with governmental accounting standards.
- Responsible for overseeing the Authority’s hedging program to minimize financial risks related to increases in fuel rates.
- Prepare studies and reports for Management use.
- Responsible for the Authority’s purchasing and procurement function.
- Responsible for the care and custody of all money, funds, valuable papers and documents of the Authority.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the General Manager.
- In-depth understanding of the controllership, treasury, internal audit and general accounting function, including working knowledge of current promulgated, generally accepted, accounting principles.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of the Authority’s Enabling Act and Bond resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Graduate training or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong government auditing background preferred.
- Preparation and presentation of budgets, along with demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Must be highly detailed and conscientious.
- Exposure to working with Federal data requirements.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics NAV system a plus.