Senior Tax Manager - FAB
KLR is one of New England’s premier accounting and business consulting firms. With 190 team members and offices in Boston, Cambridge, Newport, Providence and Waltham, KLR provides a wide range of services to both individuals and businesses.
Ranked one of the largest firms in New England, KLR’s growth and commitment to client service is unparalleled in the industry. Communication, Cost Saving Strategies, Relationships and Excellence are the core of our commitment to our clients.
KLR has been awarded three Practice Innovation Awards and named one of the Best Places to Work (7 years in a row). Our award-winning firm helps ensure our ability to retain the most talented professionals to support your business.
Due to their continued growth, KLR is currently recruiting for a Senior Tax Manager in their Private Client Services division (High Net Worth). The Sr. Tax Manager is responsible for developing and delivering full service quality tax consulting services and engagements for High Net Worth Individuals and Family Groups. Services include personal, fiduciary, foundation, gift and estate consulting.
- Manage multiple engagements including compliance, consulting, and tax planning services
- Manage client relationships by providing timely and appropriate communication and services
- Develop and mentor staff providing them with leadership, counseling and career guidance
- Generate and or assist with new business development activities
- Design and communicate planning opportunities to clients ensuring successful implementation
- Manage engagement budgeting, client billings and collection of accounts receivable
- Manage IRS and state examinations
- Supervise research to provide creative solutions
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Business. MST strongly preferred
- CPA required
- 12+ years of public accounting experience, with a minimum of 10 years tax experience required
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, research, supervisory, organizational, project management, written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of complex tax concepts and applications related to federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and facilitate meetings