Based in Taunton, MA, our Client is a Chapter 180 non-profit corporation with a mission of providing gap financing and technical assistance to small businesses to enable them to start-up, grow, and create new jobs. Since its founding in 1982, SEED has been instrumental in providing the means for job creation and small businesses to prosper. As the region’s local development company, SEED has assisted in the creation of over 12,866 new jobs in Southeastern MA and RI.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and strategically grow a highly successful, mission-driven financial organization. The new Executive Director will be empowered to build upon SEED’s strong foundation to take the Organization to the next level.
Key priorities will include:
- Develop strong relationships with Employees, Officers, Directors, Members, local banks, community organizations, local leaders, legislators, and other external partners.
- Ensure the portfolio continues to perform well and strong asset quality is maintained.
- Continue to access federal, state, and local grants and other key funding sources.
- Leverage technology to deliver services small businesses desire and to enable employees to focus on higher value-added activities.
- Evaluate new lending opportunities to complement existing loan programs.
- A prior leadership position in a financial services or economic development organization.
- Excellent credit, financial, and commercial lending skills.
- Ability to garner support from the community at large and funding agencies.
- Strong writing, analytical, and public speaking abilities.
- Must be vested in the community and the prospects for Southeastern MA and RI.