Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will wear many hats in this rapidly growing organization and play an important leadership role in developing and maintaining best practices in financial accounting and reporting processes. This hands-on Corporate Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day financial activities of the corporate entity, while driving continuous process improvement and standardization within the finance organization. This role will span across accounting/reporting, FP&A and systems and require an adept individual that can multi-task and learn on the fly as the organization continues to evolve. This role will drive further value into the organization by turning financial data into actionable information and effectively partnering with the CFO, management team, and finance teams across the Organization to improve the overall business.
- Manage the corporate entity, including all general ledger activity
- Assist in centralization and execution of treasury and tax activities, including cash management and coordination of tax filings and other activity.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, ensuring accurate and timely results in accordance with US GAAP.
- Lead and actively participate in the annual financial and 401k audits.
- Work closely with CFO and finance team to drive process standardization across four locations, including elimination of inefficient processes and procedures, and continuously strive for process improvement
- Develop and drive information flow and analysis at Corporate and regional levels for monthly financial reviews
- Lead automation of financial reporting through implementation of software solution
- Assists in preparation and consolidation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial support to Company’s charitable “Window of Giving” program
- Assist in other corporate finance activities, including insurance and benefits
- Supports executives, sales force and operational teams to deliver world class customer service
- Support other ad hoc projects and requests as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or professional certification (CPA) preferred
- 8+ years of total experience, 4-6 within public accounting preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, or other financial software, and advanced Excel skills
- Hands on, results driven self-starter
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude with the ability to multi-task
- Flexible and resilient to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities and changing business conditions.
- A strong value system, excellent judgment, unquestioned integrity.