Our client is a well-known distributor of commercial and residential building products. Their major product lines include drywall/plaster, metal framing, insulation, exterior finishes, doors/frames, and other interior specialties. Their business operations span all of New England and beyond. The rapidly growing company operates three offices with 56 employees.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading daily financial operations, including maintaining the general ledger system, preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, financial reporting, maintaining strong Banking relationships, and managing an accounting and human resources team. This position will report directly to the VP of Operations and help position the Company for continued strategic growth. Ideally, you will be able to establish and scale the company’s accounting and finance operations. This is a tremendous opportunity to work with a well-established and growing privately owned organization that will appreciate your efforts and reward your results.
- Play a key role in the implementation of financial process and procedures
- Review and analyze balance sheets and income statement accounts.
- Manage the preparation of GAAP, financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, and reconciliation processes.
- Manage the closing process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee Human Resources Department including Payroll and Benefits Administration.
- Supervise accounting and support staff in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.
- Manage financial information monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Update operational best practices/procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Update the company wide ERP system.
- Monitor cash balances and create cash forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum Ten (10) years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of HR, Payroll and Benefits.
- Experience in construction or distribution and technical accounting experience a plus.
- Strong inventory and cost knowledge preferred.
- Strong ERP experience.