Our client is a small but fast growing data and analytics organization. They provide proprietary methodology and related solutions for reducing medical drug spend. Our client provides industry standard pricing, coding, dosing, weigh, age, and diagnosis information for those drugs administered in professional settings. They sell their data via SAAS files and API delivery under a subscription based model. Due to an internal promotion, our client has retained us to find their next Controller. You will be reporting to the CFO and working closely on a daily basis with the Director of Contracting & Compliance and the Director of Client Relations, as well as other department heads as needed.
The Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Manage monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements in compliance with US GAAP.
- Oversee accounting operations, including maintaining accounting records & policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to control risk and improve the accuracy of the financial statements.
- Lead the coordination and support of the independent auditors in their annual audit
- Provide technical accounting expertise by making clear recommendations to internal team and external auditors on the application of existing and emerging accounting standards.
- Manage all components of employee-related processes including payroll processing, benefit administration, accruals.
- Prepare journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, internal control work, and accruals
- Oversee external tax advisors to ensure compliance with preparation of tax provisions and required tax filings
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Collaborate with other finance team members to drive internal process improvement projects and identify opportunities for automation.
- Support ad-hoc requests by providing financial analysis and insight to the business team.
- Conduct monthly financial reviews with senior management team
- Monitor and update cash flow on a consistent basis.
- Monitor and oversee billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Work with vendors on pricing and cost savings
- Oversee the insurance renewal process focusing on cost savings
- 7+ years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar
- Strong financial reporting background
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and report problems along with proposed solutions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Strong systems experience including proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook), Quickbooks