Location : Acton, MA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : EB-2018-1102
Compensation : open
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelors
Travel : Yes
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
KLR Executive Search is proud to partner with Haartz Corporation, a growing $200 million privately held manufacturer located in Acton, Massachusetts. Due to a retirement and a promotion, our client has asked us to assist them with a search for a Corporate Controller. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Will help maximize the company’s financial performance by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Provide proactive advice and counsel to the VP of Finance and Treasurer (most senior Financial Executive) and other members of the executive management team
- Prepare financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Manage month-end financial closing process and quarterly physical inventory process.
- Financial Analysis.
- Cost Accounting including cost standards and manufacturing loss reporting.
- Support customer price development.
- General Ledger activities including reconciliations and inventory.
- Help prepare the annual financial plan.
- Help prepare the semi-annual sales forecast.
- Manage significant hourly payroll processing.
- Oversee ERP activities for the General Ledger.
- Manage a Senior Staff Accountant and a Senior Financial Analyst.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- 5 plus years’ manufacturing accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role.
- Experience working with outside auditors and foreign subsidiaries.
- Strong cost accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with fixed asset systems.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Superb ERP system and Excel skills required.
- Some international travel will be required which should not exceed 10%. Germany, China, and India are preferred areas of expertise.
- Foreign exchange and hedging knowledge are a plus.
- CPA is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.