Commercial Real Estate Accountant
Our client is a Boston-based real estate developer with four decades of experience developing mixed-use projects including retail, residential, hotels, lab buildings, and commercial focused investment opportunities in Boston and the surrounding region.
They are currently seeking a Commercial Real Estate Accountant with strong analytical and technical skills. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Real Estate Accountant will have oversight responsibilities for the primary accounting of the real estate portfolio, including accounts payable and receivable, the general Ledger, intercompany charges, and cash flow projections.
Key priorities will include:
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of CAM and Property Tax reconciliations.
- Preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Assist with monthly Project Cost Requisitions – assist with monthly construction project requisitions.
- Work with Project Manager and Director of Finance to prepare monthly requisitions and cost reports for institutional partners.
- Collaborate with third-party management company to prepare monthly financial reports.
- Analyze monthly investment statements for brokerage accounts.
- Assist with bank financings – work with management, bank lending institution and company counsel to gather documents for property loan financings.
- Tax Compliance – preparation of annual Forms 1099; responsible for obtaining Forms W-9 from all vendors; filing of state annual reports.
- Ability to interface effectively with banking contacts, attorneys, outside consultants and investors.
- Team orientation, flexibility, and the ability to work in a small office, fast-paced office environment.
- Property management: the ability to take responsibility for one commercial property.
- Working on property contracts and leases.
The Successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in commercial real estate accounting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong QuickBooks skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.