Chief Accounting Officer
Founded in 1917, Our Client is a $3.6 billion asset publicly traded community bank (NASDAQ: HONE). With a market capitalization of over $500 million, HarborOne has a well-regarded brand and is viewed as a “bank on the move.” Our Client currently serves communities throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. With the recent acquisition of Providence-based Coastway Bancorp, HarborOne is now the 12th largest publicly-traded New England community bank.
In this newly created role, the Chief Accounting Officer can have a significant impact by bringing expertise and best practices to enhance the infrastructure to support the Bank’s growth strategy.
Key priorities will include:
- Enhance the Accounting infrastructure to support an increasingly complex legal and financial structure.
- Foster learning and sharing of industry best practices to help develop team members while maintaining a strong control environment.
- Ensure systems are utilized to their fullest potential. This will include the implementation of a new financial reporting package and the enhanced use of data.
- Collaborate with Risk Management to effectively implement CECL.
- Demonstrated performance record in proactively and creatively managing an Accounting organization.
- Financial analysis/analytical skills including core GAAP accounting and SEC reporting.
- Public company experience is required.
- Financial Services experience and/or a CPA are preferred.
- Proven leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills and relevant best practices.