Location : Fairhaven, MA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JDM-2018-1091
Compensation : 115000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Our client is a large healthcare system located in Southeastern, Massachusetts. They have asked us to assist them with a search for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will perform a variety of duties in coordinating, directing, and supervising the accounting activities of our Client and all related entities. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Manager will also be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for managing the processes used to record, classify, summarize and report business transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure supporting documentation and account reconciliations for all accounts are adequately maintained at all times.
- Direct and supervise assigned accounting department personnel and activities including employee performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation and training.
- Actively mentor and develop professional staff.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Active CPA required.
- 5+ years of progressive work history with accounting functions
- 3+ years in a supervisory role of producing financial statements in a complex business environment
- 2 years in public accounting is preferred
- Proficiency in data analysis and understanding of financial reports as well as a demonstrated ability to work with complex accounting information systems and relate them to business processes are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.